Monday, April 6, 2015

Musical Monday

I like to do unplanned things often, especially when timing and finances line up to make things just so. In this instance, I found out, through a local arts and entertainment magazine, about an outdoor concert being hosted by a cellist and composer.  I got a bit lost on the way. As I was wandering a dark street with no sidewalks and wondering if a particular abandoned building might be the space I was looking for, I almost considered not going. But as I walked closer to the creepily dark building I realized there was an open space behind it, and the music I could hear drifting from it was alluring enough to get me to follow through with attending the show. I was not disappointed to have gone and had a wonderful time (even more so once I moved from the grass to one of the benches). The musician in question was Takenobu and I enjoyed the variety of styles he offered during the performance. Have you ever discovered a new musician/performer/entertainer by chance or on a whim? How'd it go?


No comments:

Post a Comment